Friday, January 20, 2012

Almost there....

I'm happy to say that the basement finishing project that has consumed the last 8 months is feeling like it may actually happen!

Ok we still have a ways to go, but I have hope we'll finish it before all the kids move out!

Hubs has all the framing and wiring done, we have our rough in inspection scheduled for Monday! Please pray for us that all goes well and we can start closing walls on Tuesday!

The stress of this project hanging over us and of the kids with no space has been too much at times! Thank the Lord Hubs is calm and loving, so even as I'm freaking out he remains my rock, gives me hugs and tells me it's gonna be ok.

He's been working 10/12 hour days and then coming home working in the basement, or driving kids around, or making dinner, or whatever else it is I need him to do. All selflessly, all without complaint, all while telling me I'm the one with the "hard" job, I'm the one who's amazing. Yes, I'm blessed.

I do not have any pics at the moment, I'll try to get some later. K, C, B and I were down there yesterday cleaning up the rough in construction mess. Here's hoping we have finishing clean up to do soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment