Change. It's tough. It's necessary. It's time.
I have been going to the gym (4 days/week) since Nov. 26th. I am up to an hour on the treadmill and it hasn't killed me yet. I also am not pushing myself much. At this point I'm just happy to be consistent for longer than I ever have been working out. The difference this time is a gym buddy, she keeps me going cause I know she's waiting for me so I drag my butt there. I need to step it up and add some strength training to build some muscle now!
I just signed up for a BeFit challenge on a website I frequent. I'm excited and freaking out at the same time, it requires me telling my weight and posting pictures. Eeks!! Change is about going out of my comfort zone....
I am being active on www.myfitnesspal.com as well as the phone app for it. Now I just have to start being a little more honest! I record my food, but not all of it, not all of the time. I'm hurting no one but myself by lying and lying to myself is what got me here. So go honest or go home. Or something!
I have taken a Zumba class, it was fun, it was a workout for sure! I'd love to do it again, but at $5 a pop and class times that don't fit well into my schedule it hasn't happened. So I bought Wii Zumba! K and I did it once so far (on a non-gym day)and it kicked our butts. Now I just need to figure out how to get B to stop trying to get me to pick him up, dancing with a 25lb baby on your hip is tough, even though the sweet laughs and pure joy on his face are pretty great!
I am starting a new bible study on the book Made to Crave (Lysa Terkeurst) through www.melissataylor.org It looks like a really great book to help get closer to God and give up addictions. I would love anyone to join me in the study. It'd be great to have someone I know IRL to be able to talk to about it!
Ok addictions.....Mountain Dew. Evil evil super addictive unnaturally greenish stuff. It is truly my crack. I "need" it, if I am stressed the need for a Mt. Dew is overwhelming. The amount of empty calories and sugar I am drinking daily is insane. I know to change, to truly be healthy, happy and who I want to be that is an addiction i'm going to have to beat. Do you think I can get a doc to give me methadone for it? ;-) Ok i'm joking, kinda. Seriously though, it scares me to think of life without dew, pathetic!!
Ok there are my current changes, for me anyway. Life continues to happen around me.....the basement is coming along....the kids are in various states of crazy....life is still chaos....but above is my current "me" focuses....Pray for me.
Lord I need you. My body is a temple, a gift from You. I am made to crave so that I can crave You. I have given into my cravings for earthly things and I no longer want to be controlled by those things. Please Lord empty me so that I can be filled with You. Guide me on this journey and lead me to Your will always. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
I am on my fitness pal also under number1rhoda if you want to follow each other maybe we can help each other!
ReplyDelete