With the new year there is always new goals. I don't want to call them resolutions, because those always get broken!
I'm also not feeling up to putting down here all that is a goal, some of it is very personal and therefore not web worthy! Plus I don't want to have people watching what I do and calling me on it!
I do want to write everyday, be it here, in a journal, in my journible, a letter to the future (these are letters I've been writing my kids since they were in my belly!) or maybe even love letters to Hubba.
I want to work on myself, as a person, a mother and a wife. I am way to impatient with the kids, I need to let go of my OCD tendencies more and just relax. The messes in this house stress me out big time, we have 6 kids, 3 cats, 2 dogs and a hubby who doesn't notice a mess, as you would imagine I am ALWAYS stressed out and it is good for neither me or the kids. God has not only blessed me with 4 amazing kids of my own, but has also given me the privilege to be mom to 2 pretty great foster kids, they all deserve the best of me and the best childhood I can give them. I want to not always yell about toys everywhere and rooms that are a mess and things spilled on the floor and writing on the tables. I want to relax and remember that someday i'm going to miss this and will wish I had littles writing in the fogged up front door leaving behind millions of hand prints.
I am a very selfish wife. I'm gonna leave it at that.
The most important thing to work on this year is my relationship with God and putting trust in Him. His plans are the right ones and I need to follow them even if they are not the same as mine.
That's enough for now. As I write this I am trying to get the kids to take a nap, which means the little girls are laying on the couches and arguing over who gets which one and J is in his bed in the living room sitting up and screaming and B is standing on a table turning on and off the floor lamp and spinning it around so it points at everyone. Did I mention that the kids rooms are being painted at the moment so the chaos is even worse than normal.....
No comments:
Post a Comment