Six at home today! It's sometimes overwhelming, but I am so thankful to be able to have these days.
It's not officially a day off for my big girls, but they were feeling stressed with all that is going on in the world. One of their schools had gun threats, along with tons of others in the area, combine that with the whole Mayan calendar end of the world thing and it was too much.
I do not think there is anything to worry about. I don't want my kids to be afraid of the world, there will always be bad people, bad things that happen to good people. It's the way it is in this sin filled world. Just this one day, for a moment, I can keep them with me and make them feel safe. It was a fun day at school so they aren't missing much. It's the perfect snowy icky day to stay inside in jammies!
So they are playing and fighting and screaming and spinning and getting along and then not, blissfully oblivious of the weather outside the windows or the tragedy in the world.
I want to freeze this sweet moment of childhood when I can make everything right.
No comments:
Post a Comment