We are about to enter a new year. With new years come new plans. It is a great time to reinvent who you are and who you want to be.
I'd like to say I don't do resolutions, because frankly, I've always sucked at keeping them. The reality is that I do. I have goals, lots of them. The start of a new year is such a great time to focus on those. Right now I'm trying to decide on one word to focus on for the year, a word that all my other goals can come out of.
Have you heard of this one word movement? It started with Ali Edwards, who is well known in the scrap booking world. I even remember her from when I was big on scrapping, you know, before my house was over run by little minions! Check out Ali's Website
I thought this one little word concept was amazing! Last year I chose a word, trust. I wanted to learn to trust God and Scott and people in general. As with all things, I fell off the band wagon and stopped praying on my word. I'm forgiving myself and trying again. I've signed up for some accountability on Ali's website, so I can get emails and activities to keep me focused.
Now, my word. I have several mulling my my head.
Dare
Reinvent
Hope
Love
Pray
Focus
Dare is what I keep coming back to. Kinda feels like a cheater word, it can encompass so much. That might be what I need this year. I found this post on Spark People and she sums up just what I want to say/do.
I am held back by fear and anxiety way more than I'm willing to admit. I want to Dare to be different, to trust God, to love and let myself be loved.
I'm going to pray on this and post what word is my OLW (one little word) for 2014, stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment