I would just like to take a moment to thank the Lord for all of my blessings.
In this time of year that is celebrating all God has given us in sending His son I see people struggling around me.
People do not have all that they need, money is short, time is short. People want to make Christmas great for their kids and it seems impossible. Others just want to be able to heat their home and are struggling to afford it. There is so much pain and hurt and fear and stress.
I don't understand why this is, but I trust in the Lords bigger picture. It breaks my heart to see people struggle, I want to help them all. I'll continue to do what is within my means and pray for all the broken hearts. I pray they can find relief in God, that they can trust Him and lean on Him even through all their struggles, that they can continue to trust in His plan.
I am so blessed and I want to not take that for granted. I have a warm home, a loving husband, healthy kids. I can go to the grocery store when I need to. I have had Christmas presents bought for all 6 kids for a while now. God is good and He has provided.
Hubs and I lost our jobs. We have 4 kids. My sister's kids got taken into DHS care, we have taken them too.
6 kids and no jobs. We trusted. Hubs found a job making more than before even, with flexibility needed with 6 kids. I am able to stay home with the kids. We trusted. After no child support from my oldest girls "dad" we finally started getting money, at the time we needed it most. We trusted. We applied to be foster parents instead of just kinship care so we could get more help for the kids. What is often a year long process took 2 months. We trusted. Dealing with 3 different agencies in 3 different counties it took a while to get any payments, they began to come just when we needed them most. We trusted.
Pray, trust, and pray more. I don't know why God gives us challenges, why some people seem to have it all and others nothing, but He knows. He has a plan, a plan that is bigger than us, bigger than all we can see. We just have to trust.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding Proverbs 3:5
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
God, people are struggling. Please give them hope and peace and trust in You and Your plans. Please help them through these times and turn towards not away from You. Thank You for all the blessing in my life, I know they are only because of You, please help me to never take it for granted. I will put my trust in You, guide me in the way you will have me go. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment