Friday, April 13, 2012

Money

Lots of couples fight over money. We are not one of those couples.

Well usually not anyway. It was a me or him thing. We've never been good at working together with money. We always worked different schedules and never saw each other, made any kind of working together pretty tough.

Since losing our jobs and even a bit before that hub's has been handling money. I didn't want to have to think about it when there was so little coming in.

As has happened before when he was in charge, everything has come crumbling down. It's kinda my fault, I just assume everything is hunky dory and spend as such, he doesn't bother communicating and bam, chaos in the checkbook!

Money is a strength of mine. I like to be all organized and have a plan and save save save.... We paid off all our debt a few years ago (minus mortgage) using the Dave Ramsey plan with me as the spear head. It is the only reason we are ok with me not working right now, however if I don't get us back on track I'll be looking for a job soon...

So much to his reluctance, hubs admitted he was too busy and under skilled in that area to continue to handle money himself and he's handed it over. I must admit I was a bit overwhelmed and terrified to see the state it's in, that was a few days ago. I'm feeling pretty confident now. I think I have a handle on it, it'll take a while to catch up and save some money and build a cushion to my liking, but we're good.

That is right now, as always with me it's a constant rollercoaster so don't be surprised when you see a post about me in a panic!

Lord, thank you for giving me a husband who compliments me so well. Thank you for making us partners in life that have enough in common to keep us together and enough different to make us work well together. I will continue to attempt to hand it all over to You and always look to you for guidance in all areas. In your name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment