So P has been amazing tonight, going above and beyond in being helpful, he actually asked to vacuum and sweep!! What 10 year old boy does that?!?! I told him how grateful I was that he showed such initiative! He loves praise and I am more than willing to give it when he's being good! Positive reinforcement is the best teacher!
For as good as P has been M has been opposite. I have listened to a half hour of screaming now, while pounding her head on the floor, why? I don't know, not sure what even started it, the child doesn't even talk, she just whines....I'm trying to have patience but I'm having to pray hard for it.
C has been a challenge today too on and off. She's quick tempered but luckily calms down quickly. The things she is learning from M is so not ok, but I don't know what to do, I don't know how to stop it other than talk talk talk to them both!
I know if God brings you to it He will bring you through it and I'm trusting that. Lots of scary things are happening and it's hard not to let my natural fear take over, losing a job, marriage issues due to too much time apart (I only see hubs 2 outta 7 days, but that's another post) all that is involved in the DHS/Foster care system. Lots of good things are happening too, I get to be a SAHM (a lifelong dream), I have a hubby willing to stick by me through anything, we have an amazing church family, we have great resources to help with the foster stuff. So I close with this:
Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
I'm cheering for you, Steph. God will see you through, just keep your eyes on Him. Philippians 4:8 is an awesome verse to remember, particularly when everything seems so evil, difficult, and painful.
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing it on FB so I could then find it and read it!