So going with my 'Do It By Doing It' theme, I went to the gym last night. My friend is going and sent out a anybody wanna join me facebook post, I answered with a yes, even though I knew I would regret it.
I even told her I knew I would regret it! I really need to do it, I'm miserable and tired and not the kind of mama I want to be and exercise would be one way to help change that. Fact is, I'm lazy, sitting around doing nothing is SOOOO much easier!! Plus I'm always tired, but it's one of those catch 22's, you gotta exercise to get energy, but you need energy to work out.
So I've decided to just do it by doing it. I told her I would meet her, I hate to disappoint people, I hate to let people down, so once I say I'm going to do something, nothing short of puking will keep me from doing it. If I were doing it on my own I'd come up with a million excuses, cause that's what I've always done, but this way I know I'll go.
It's a 24/7/365 gym, so there goes pretty much any excuse I have!! They do have a tanning bed, so there is my reward, I work out and I get to tan!
So as much as I will be miserable to have to leave my cozy home in the middle of the night I am so thankful that I have this opportunity and excited at how my life can improve with follow through. So thanks Danielle for doing a fb shoutout (even if you didn't think anyone would join you) and for allowing me to tag along!!
Lord please give me strength and endurance in this endeavor....
No comments:
Post a Comment