Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

It is the day before Thanksgiving. It is a no school day. Wow.....craziness!!

Lucky for me my older brother is up from Kentucky and stopped by to see the kids. He isn't here often so it's a novelty for them and keeps them from bugging me quite so much, "when we leaving" "i'm hungry" "wipe my butt" "she hit me" "he bit me"......etc.....etc.....etc....

We are not doing Thanksgiving tomorrow, instead the Hubs and I are heading to Detroit for the Lions/Packers game. I really don't have a vested interest other than Hubba is all about football and especially the Lions, so they made great tickets for our Anniversary, and his birthday, and Christmas.....yeah, they were pricey....

Neither of us have ever been to a game so it should be a fun experience. The kids are all going various places, a couple to my mom's, a couple to my sister-in-laws, and a couple to their dad's. Hmmmm now that I type that out it makes me feel a bit bad about all the kids being spread out various places. Such is life.

I've been in a bit of a funk today, not sure what my deal is. I think things are going fairly well.....maybe it was because I had a doctor appt. yesterday, no biggie, I just hate going......makes things go down hill. Then I found out a lady I used to work with passed away from cancer. She had kids my kids' ages and actually used to babysit my oldest once upon a time, it just hits home hard. I am so sad for her kids and husband and all the family left behind at this time that's supposed to be about celebration and togetherness.

Lord please lift her family into You and give them peace in the path you have chosen for them, please help her husband and children turn to You instead of from You in their lack of understanding. Please help everyone , especially myself, learn gratefulness and thankfulness so that we may enjoy all of the blessings from You, help us all be at peace with whatever Your will is. I love you God and pray this in your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment