Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I did it!

So last night....I feel asleep and then for some reason woke up just before I had to leave to meet my workout buddy. (Thank you God for the tap on the shoulder!) I did it!! I yawned all the way to the gym, I was cold and miserable and wanting to be snug in bed with everyone else.....but I did it!!

See my theme for this post?!?!

I have plans to meet tomorrow night too. It is gonna take some time to build up endurance, cause wow, just walking on the treadmill is tough. Oh and that stairstepper looked so easy, I was like, let's try that for a bit....um yeah, 45 seconds later I was all, heavens no, I'm getting of this muscle burning torture device!!!

I have another buddy willing to do Zumba with me! I've been wanting to try that for a while, I'm sure it's gonna kill me, but it'll be fun and I love working out with friends. <---- haha look, I say that as if I've done it before! Um nope, but I think it may be my key to sticking with it (that and God's help).

I'm still having lots of back issues (and lots of left foot issues, but that's another matter...) So I've decided I need to do Yoga, I got out a dvd I've had a long time to use today, since it's a non-gym day I figured why not. This is why not: in my house getting on the floor is an invitation for attack! B thought mama on her hands and knees trying to do the cat pose was pretty funny and a great opportunity to pull hair, and grab ears, and climb on my head! Cause that wasn't enough, K let me know I looked ridiculous! At least C just did it with me!

I'm gonna stick with it though, cause being more flexible can't be a bad thing. Hopefully the more I do it, the less novel the kids will find it. Gonna stick with the gym too, only a couple workouts (if I can call what I'm able to do a workout) and I'm feeling really good and accomplished. I'm hoping I can build endurance with that too. I'm looking forward to Zumba too! Variety is the spice of life!

Lord I'm feeling good and I know it's because of you. Thank you for all you've given me and all you've done. Please allow me to build up my endurance and be there to push me through when it gets tough, remind me to lean on You for all things. In Your name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of the elliptical, it doesn't put as much stress on your joints as the other machine.

    And I'm guessing Zumba requires some sort of coordination, so sorry in advance when I cause extreme embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know what, I think what I was thinking of as a stair stepper was actually an elliptical.....holy crap it burned the crap outta my muscles on the top of my legs.....couldn't find my rhythm either. Seems like a great machine, but at this moment in my life, it will kill me!

    With 4 very outspoken children I am not easily embarrassed so no issues on the Zumba, plus i'll be fumbling along with you, so we can be crazy looking together!!

    ReplyDelete