I am reinstating chore charts. Hubs and I (very loosely.....sorry Dave) follow the Dave Ramey plan. It's just a very common sense approach to money management, it's how i've always felt anyway. I HATE debt! However in a former life I got caught up in it, as did Hubbarooski....then we got together....
After I got divorced I started reading about Dave, it made sense to me.... We had my two kids and jobs that made us miserable, change was needed. So when S and I got together and combined the money (ooooo serious!) I put us on the Dave wagon and we drank the kool-aid! He went back to school paid for with cash and we started paying off debt. Then found out we were losing our jobs......but it was ok we were on the right path.
And here we are, that 2 years since finding out about lay offs went fast as we knew it would. We have had LOTS AND LOTS of slips, but we are debt free (except the house) and things are ok....
It's for real now though, we for real have to budget cause money is tight as can be! Part of our love for this common sense approach to money is how we can brain wash (in a positive way people!!) our kiddos! We don't give allowance, I gave you life, I provide for you daily, i'm not paying you for that. We work we get paid, that's it (yes I know that's not how all people are, but you're welcome, society, for me teaching my kids to be honest hardworking productive people!)
So we have chore charts. I have a plan for making it more organized. We have done this before when the kids were younger but it kinda fell off the agenda along with our slacking on the budget! Basically each child has daily jobs, they do them and they get paid, yep, simple! We do not pay them for everything......they live in this house too and because of that there are things that just have to be done, because as a family it is our job to take care of what God has given us.
Posts will follow with more details. I have made charts for all 6 kids.....getting the niece and nephew in on this too since they are likely to be with us quite a while.....B even gets one (cause he'll need one someday for real!) as of now his job is just to be cute......not sure if i'm gonna pay in for that though..,,,.
No comments:
Post a Comment