Monday, October 24, 2011

Basement update

Ok I'm kinda tired of being a downer. I'm stressed, I'm overwhelmed, I'm having a hard time being ok and letting go to God. I also know that if I don't I won't be ok, and that this is my life and I have to live it. So I can continue to fight my mind to let my heart trust God or I can just give up completely. The latter is not an option, I have 6 kids counting on me. I can not let them down.

Leaving it at that. So I'm gonna give a basement update instead. We are supposed to have it done by Nov. 1st.....yikes! I don't see that happening! We are coming along and God has been amazing in providing us the means. Seriously, we have 4 kids. 2 bonus kids. We both lost our jobs. Our savings had dwindled when we had to buy a car when Scotts way to small car finally died. We had murphy visit a dozens of times and if it could go wrong, he made sure it did! Yet, we are ok.

We will be able to finish the basement, we are able to take care of all the kids and provide them with what they need and even some of what they want. God has continually opened doors for us. (hmmm internal dialogue--and here I am with all these doubts and struggling to trust Him, WTH Steph!)

So we now have 3 rooms framed, a bedroom, a pantry and a laundry room! That just leaves another bedroom, a bathroom, the family room and the utility room (which won't be finished, just a door. Yay!

Of course there is also wiring, heating, drywall, flooring, ceiling, etc. etc. etc..... All this is being done by my super handy hubby and some awesome super helpful amazing people from our church! Here are some pics so far!


First is a shot of the 3 rooms and all the other stuff in the basement.........Second is the pantry (on the right) and the laundry room. I can not tell you how excited I am to have these 2 rooms!!

Thank you Lord for putting me where you want me to be. Thank you for giving me a husband who adores me whatever my mood may be, however lost or broken I feel, and on top of it is such a great handyman. Guide me as I try to draw closer to You and learn to trust You completely and wholly in all areas of my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I have a great woman behind me, and for that I am so grateful. I love you, my Darling Wife!

    ReplyDelete