Ok this post should actually be titled Couch to.....??? I guess more of a "from Couch" program.
It's important to me that the kids are all active and involved in things. K is not willing to do many things, she's very non-competitive, which I get, since I am too. I'm still making her do something though, she dances, does Girl Scouts and Tidal Wave youth group, which is great, but she needs a sport. I'm not going to get into an argument about dance and whether it's a sport! It's great, it's active, it's not enough!
So that brings me to "from Couch". She is thinking about track, which she would love, I think! She is also having a really hard time having the extra kids here, it's really hard for her to share me. She has never liked to share me, but tolerates it with her siblings, other kids kinda throw her over the top. So we are starting a from Couch program together!
K gets home 1 1/2 hours before the other kids, only C and B are home with me. So we've decided to walk everyday when she gets home. Gives us time together, gets us all out of the house, helps her train for track and Lord knows I need it.
Today was our first day! It went great and the kids all loved it. We have a double jogging stroller with rain cover on the way, so that should make it easier and cozier for the little ones once it actually starts feeling like fall! We're also in agreement that we'll find something else when it gets snowy!
So, I don't know about a 5K (for me anyway) but from Couch is certainly a start!!
No comments:
Post a Comment