Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Chaos

Loving this SAHM mom stuff. I have worked since before I had kids. I ALWAYS wanted to be a stay at home mom, it just never happened. The place I worked was horrible for having a family, they could force me to work 17 hours a day with no notice. I mean literally, they could tell me 2 mins before it was time to leave that I had to stay for another 8 hours!

The place payed very well though, so I put up with it. Not that I always had a choice since I did go through a divorce and spend some time as a single mom....but I digress....

So I was laid off, huge blessing, ok it was horrible for lots of people (Hubs and I were 2 of 100ish laid off). For me, it was answered prayers. I wanted to stay home, I couldn't walk away from the money, they gave me no choice.

Ok back to the SAHM stuff, I have been SO busy since not working. My dishes are getting done, laundry is getting done.....ok it was getting done until my dryer freaked out from over use and quit on me! Don't blame the poor thing, I'm doing laundry for 8 and was way behind. Yay for a handy hubby who is down looking at it as I speak.

On top of that, I've been able to volunteer at school!! Yesterday I was at the school all afternoon, I got to watch A do her school fundraiser walk and help the PTO with paperwork and such involved in that. I LOVED it! That is so my thing, getting out of my head and my issues and surrounding myself with kids! Kids are such pure love and energy, I even liked all the other moms there! I had so much fun I don't mind the sunburn....or the super awesome racoon effect I got from wearing sunglasses.....

God is good. Hubs is working again, making quite a bit more than he even did before and I'm able to finally get to be the mom I've wanted to be forever. Thank you God for giving me happy chaos. Super busy in all the right ways....

No comments:

Post a Comment