Sunday, October 2, 2011

We have a room!

Progress! We are finally are making some. Ya know how you have the best ideas and you think you're gonna get them done all super fast and stuff, um yeah, that happened to us.

We have this basement project, to give our foster niece and nephew, as well as our own kids, space we need to finish it! Kinda crappy timing cause the need to do that happened to coincide with us both losing our jobs. Thank you Dave Ramsey for your logical lovely kool-aid that we drank a while ago (and then stopped drinking and maybe even threw up a little and need to get on board again, but that's another post)

So yeah, we are doing ok as far as having a bit of money to finish the basement. Plus we have a wonderful church family who has helped us. We thought we'd knock this project out pretty fast....turns out that's not happening!

I feel bad cause I think it's my fault, I want it done but I'm being all needy and stuff. S is the one doing all the work himself (thank you God for a handy hubby) so he is being pulled by his need to comfort and help his wife and his need to get things done......anyway......we have progress now, even if it did take a while.

Pretty much all of the hardboard insulation is put up and we have a completely framed in room! This will be the big girls room. We have another long wall done that will be the inside of the pantry, laundry and bathroom.

I took A down with me tonight to look at the progress, she was very excited and asking where she should put her bed. She wanted to make sure she could see the window because it had a great view......ummmm they are egress windows, the view is metal and a ladder! Love her enthusiasm! I plan on letting them paint a view on the metal.

A in her new room!! Loving that egress view!


Check it out.....a fully framed room!

Outside wall for Pantry, Laundry, Bathroom

The other side insulated anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment