We went to community group last night. I did mention that I blogged my thoughts though I didn't share what they were.
Part of that is that we bring chaos with us everywhere! We had the 4 younger kids with us but it sure felt like more! They scream, they run, they fight, and I thought I had done so well teaching them how to behave....um nope! Then again they are 8,4,3 and 1. B was trying to climb the stairs because the kids were up there yelling, so between trying to get the girls to stop being heathens and B to not fall I couldn't really pay attention to the adults!
Kinda hard to get real with feelings when you have someone running up to you to tell on someone else, or let you know they have to potty, or goodness knows what! They are little blessings for sure and I thank God for them all everyday, but some quiet would be nice.
We are moving locations next week, probably cause the poor hosts can't take our wild kids anymore and I wouldn't blame them a bit! I feel so bad about the chaos we bring. Kids are crazy, everyone knows that, but when you get multiple kids being crazy and you're trying to have important conversations it gets a little tough.
Next weeks local will have a sitter, who happens to be our sitter since A was a baby, so all the kids know her. Hopefully that will help the conversations and my guilt that everyone else keeps getting interrupted.
Overall I ebb and flow emotionally. Philippians 4:8 is my go to. When my mind wanders to all my inadequacy feelings, all the pain of the past, I repeat God's directions for how to think......it's a struggle. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Don't feel guilt, you are a sahm to 6 kids. You deserve that hour with adults to talk about things.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yourself and I'll warn the sitter.
Whose the sitter?
ReplyDelete